When storing your RV, there are many tasks to remember. Here’s a checklist we put together to help you make sure your RV is ready for storage.
- Review owner’s manual for engine, LP gas, generator, water heater and sanitation system storage information.
- Remove all perishable food from cabinets.
- Turn off refrigerator, verify all power sources are off by checking 12 v, 110v and LP gas.
- Remove all food from the refrigerator, clean the inside and leave the door open to ventilate.
- Clean rooftop air conditioner filters and cover the outside unit.
- Clean the interior of the RV, pull shades and close blinds.
- Turn off the propane cylinders and cover the regulator.
- Cover or tape vents to the furnace and range hood for long-term storage.
- Ensure all roof vents and windows are closed. Prevent condensation by using chemical-type dehumidifiers.
- Check tire pressures.
- Inspect roof, body, interior, soft molding and caulking.
- Service locks with spray lubricant to prevent rust and freezing.
- Check all operating fluid levels under the hood and top off the gasoline tank. Add a fuel stabilizer.
- Empty and thoroughly rinse all holding tanks.
This is by no means a complete list. Let us know what steps you take before storing your RV and we’ll add your tips to this list.